15 July 2009

Wellness Wednesday.

During the school year the kids have a wellness Wednesday were they run laps around the field. The class that runs the most laps gets that weeks flag or prize. The P.E. teacher started this to improve the kids health and outlook towards life. Well, I am going to start my own wellness Wednesday. I am going to do something in my house to make me happy and feel good about myself. I have piles of laundry to do, I finally did the breakfast dishes and I don't even want to think about the kids bathroom. As a stay at home mom, it gets all very overwhelming. For me I need flowers and music to stay sane. I could have the house crumbling around me and be content if I just have a few fresh flowers. They usually are from the local market or from my yard, it doesn't matter. Next is the music. I have something on all the time. Of course there is Michael Buble, Sarah Brightman, Celtic Woman and Josh Groban just to name a few. It makes everything easier to deal with, even the kids are happier with music on in the house.



Take some time today to put a little light into your home and soul. Put on some good music, sit back and relax for 5 minutes. For me it is more like 23 seconds before I have some little elbow poking me and little knobby knees all over me. I don't mind because that is what my life is all about. Sticky walls and door knobs, crusty dried oatmeal on the table, muddy shoes being tracked through the house, pee all over the toilet seat, and gum in the carpet. I wouldn't trade it for the world, but I do need a little bit of flowers and music in there too.

No comments: