16 October 2012

Fluttering.

 I know I have been posting a lot of pictures of leaves, berries, birds, all that boring stuff.  It's hard for me to put into words how I feel about Fall. 
I feel the earth getting ready to go to sleep, laying a blanket of giant leaves on the ground.
 On my walk today, I found more berries.  They are so sweet and good.
 All the apples are falling from the trees, giving the deer a nice little treat. 
 As I was waiting for the kids to get off the bus, I spotted this guy.  Don't know what it is but he sure
does look rough.

Every day the colors change.  Something new for me to look at and enjoy.  I found a poem and put the words "Fluttering Leaves" on a chalk board to decorate the family room.  Everybody found that really funny and have teased me relentlessly about it. 
"Oh look Emily, fluttering leaves."

 I should of written the whole poem down.
'Fall, leaves, fall'
Fall, leaves, fall; die, flowers, away;


Lengthen night and shorten day;

Every leaf speaks bliss to me

Fluttering from the autumn tree.

I shall smile when wreaths of snow

Blossom where the rose should grow;

I shall sing when night's decay

Ushers in a drearier day.

-Emily Bronte

This is what I get to look forward to winter for.  Holly!
Need to find a good poem!

No comments: