01 May 2012

Springtime in Custer, Washington.

It's green here.  I mean really, really green.  Everyday it's a shock to us and everyday we comment on it.  Of course we are used to New Mexico and all of it's vast brownness.   I love and miss New Mexico, but it's just.......brown.
Here it's just.....GREEN.
Logan and one of his friends Brady were trying to catch some fish.  They had just gotten back from fishing elsewhere.  The boys ended up catching 4 trout at some little lake.  They made my fridge stink.
Along with all this green comes slugs.  Oh how I hate slugs.  I can't run across the grass without shoes on.  Never mind the fact I can't remember the last time I ran. If I were to ever run across the grass, I couldn't due to these slimy little snot slimmers.
Have I mentioned how wet it is here.
It is.
There are a lot of trees on the property with blossoms.  I have no idea what kind of trees they are.  I guess I will be finding out when they start growing fruit.  So excited to can this year!
One of my most favorite colors is yellow.
I stood on our back porch and took this picture.  I love to watch the deer.  I know people love to hunt, but for the life of me I don't know how they can look at a deer and want to shoot such a lovely creature.  I suppose that's why I'm a vegetarian.
Don't know what this is either.  They're little heart.  How lovely!
If you look really close, you can see the frog that lives in the pond off our porch.  Logan just loves it!  I need to come up with a name for the guy, or gal.  Let's hope they're not any little froggies being made.
I wander around the yard and marvel at what's coming up.  The greenness of it all.
The rhubarb is already huge.
More blossoms.
These purple little pansies are popping up all over the place.  Even in the lawn.  I cringe when I mow over them.
Ok, so I don't normally post pictures of myself let alone my hinny.  I just want people to know how Troy is when he is suppose to be helping me.
I was trying to get the kids posed so I could take their photo.  Troy is standing back with the camera making funny faces at the kids taking very unflattering shots of my backside.
When I downloaded these pictures I let out a not so lady like scream at my "very funny" husband.
He just laughed.
Oh, I just noticed little Buster sitting there.  Sigh.  I am having a really difficult time with him not being with us anymore.
My kids are keeping me busy.  They make me laugh.
The top and bottom pictures are typical of how my life runs.  I couldn't ask for a better life.
Full of laughter, husbands who love to play pranks, kids who argue, house that's always in some state of mess and a food bill that keeps getting bigger.
We love living here in the land of green, slugs and all.  Every day brings something new for us.  More places to explore, plants to examine, birds to watch, friends to make and work to be done.

No comments: