22 March 2012

Mr.Shinning Sun.

I started having children during the Barney epidemic. Yes, it was an awful epidemic that caused hysterical screaming, itching and convulsing whenever I heard Barney come on. Unfortunately, Logan and Anna loved good ol' Barney. To this day I think I know every Barney song ever sung.
For once in my life I am thankful that I watched Barney all 57,000 times.
I have sang
O Mr. Sun
Sun
Mr. Shinning Sun.
Please shine down on me
at least a million times since moving to Washington.
Today the sun has come out and shinned down on us. Love it! The kids all think it's summer time.
Olivia misses her New Mexico back yard where she had tons of sand to dig in all the time. She has found a little patch of dirt that she plays in all the time. What a mess. I just let her make a mess and then throw her in the bathtub at night.
Just look at how happy she is. Notice also how white the kids are. My poor babies haven't seen the sun in quite a while.
I was seriously bundled up in one of Troy's fleece jackets freezing while the kids were in shorts and capris. I did make them wear jackets outside, but they seem to have disappeared.
Look at Soren's pasty legs. Every time I look at my children's whiteness I break out in Barney tunes.
O Mr. Sun........
Even Buster is loving the warmth from the sun. The warmth that I am not feeling.
This next picture comes with a disclosure.
SCARY
I try not to post unflattering pictures of me, but oh well....
You will get why I am screaming in the next picture down.
Logan decided to mow the lawn.
I handed Ella the camera to put in the house and she shot this picture of me yelling at Logan as he barely missed trees. I apparently wasn't feeling the warmth from the sun and was freezing to death.
As I found out after I ruptured my spleen from screaming so hard, Logan had his earphones in his ears.
The grass really didn't need mowing, but it got Logan of the house.
This tee pee thingy is something that I made Troy construct for me. I am planting morning glory to cover it. I thought it would be fun for the kids to have a little hideout covered in flowers.
OK, maybe I wanted a little hideout covered in flowers.
It was a beautiful day today. The kids had early release today. We were all outside enjoying the spring sunshine playing together.
Some yelling was involved.
I am finding out from living in Washington that you grasp every chance you have with the sunshine.
The sun pops out for a second, you run outside and basque in it.
Even if it means your baby is playing in mud and your oldest is driving a riding lawn mower like he's 90 years old.
Oh Mr. Sun
Sun
Mr. Shining Sun
Please shine down on me.
PLEASE!

No comments: