26 August 2010

The Outdoor Expo.

This last weekend was the Outdoor Expo out at the gun range. Troy had a booth there for the Emergency Scouter.
There are lots of things for the kids to do.
Soren loved learning how to ride a four-wheeler. The instructor was amazing at explaining things to the kids


The kids loaded the cartridges themselves for the gun they would be shooting. All of our children know gun safety. This was the first time for Olivia to be shooting something bigger than a BB gun.

It's a little disturbing to me that Soren knows how to shoot so well. He got this little sparkle in his eyes, creepy. Just joking.


Olivia was in heaven! She was so excited to be doing what the big kids do.


They all loved the rock wall. Soren took off like a rocket. I think I need to get him more involved with climbing. He definitely is a natural.


Ella going up, Anna coming down.

We all learned a little fly tying. The girl who was teaching us was only 11 years old. Amazing. Can you tell how hot and exausted the kids were?

Olivia climbed up on my lap and we tied a fly all by ourselves.
It was a LITTLE difficult doing it with two little hands in with mine.

Little Miss Muffet was so proud of herself.


It was a busy and fun filled day for us. Troy did awesome with his Emergency Scouter booth. I am so proud of him.
Logan helped Troy with the booth on Saturday, but by Sunday he was feeling yucky. The Thurday before he broke his nose and got whiplash from diving into a pool. So he stayed home and rested. I love watching the kids doing the things they love.
I loved watching Olivia shoot the gun for the first time. Although it was a little disturbing to hear her laugh while doing it. There is just something wrong with watching a 4 year old shooting a gun. Even though I ABSOLUTELY DETEST GUNS WITH EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING, I think kids need to know gun safety.

This was the first time I had attended one of these. Troy would take the kids every year. Since he couldn't take the kids around I got stuck with the task. Troy found it very amusing to watch me there with all the hunting stuff around.
I am against hunting.
I don't eat any meat or fish.
I hate guns.
I LOATH camo.
So there I was surrounded by turkey calls, guns and hundreds of men in camo. That just goes to show how much I love my children and my wonderful husband.
(You owe me one Honey Lover)

No comments: