12 December 2008

Anna's band concert



Last night was Anna's very first band concert. There were three elementary schools that participated in the concert. It was held at Rio Rancho High school, so they thought that they were very special. To be honest, I was surprised how well they did. They had learned a lot more than I had anticipated. She got to dress up and wear a little makeup. It was a big night for her. Her music teacher, Ms. Jackson, has done a fabulous job teaching the kids their music. She really is a talented teacher. Anna has a lot of fun going to band twice a week in the mornings. I was shocked that Anna had decided to play the trumpet. I mean really, the trumpet? Anna's mouth is so small, I thought there was no way that she could blow hard enough to make any noise. She does just fine.

No comments: