17 February 2010

New lamps and new hair cut.

Troy and I made new lamps for the Family room. I has seen similar lamps at the store for a lot of money. So what do we do? We make them ourselves!

We got the jars at Target and a light kit from a hardware store and made the lamp.

At craft stores you can get lamp shades that are sticky so you can put your own fabric on them. Troy helped me pick out this beige toile. Inside the lamp I put some moss and a birds nest. So my thing. I am really happy how they turned out because they are EXACTLY how I wanted them. For different seasons I can put other things in the jars. Pumpkins for the fall, glass ornaments at Christmas. The possibilities are endless.

Now about that new haircut. Olivia got gum in her hair and I had to cut off several inches. I love how it turned out. It fits her well.

A cute little bob for a little girl who will only wear dresses.

No comments: